Friday, April 10, 2009

1st Dibs Fun





One of my favorite fantasy websites is 1st Dibs.  What an incredible selection of high end antiques in many styles from many time periods.  Antique dealers from all across the country feature fabulous pieces available to ship.  I love antiques, I love the opportunity to reuse a piece of our past rather than purchase new, although if I were to be able to purchase from this site, I think I would want to make sure it was pieces from some of the more local dealers because I think shipping furniture across the country defeats the purpose of buying old vs. new. 

But it is so much fun to look through all the eye candy on the website and imagine how I could fill my house with all that incredible design.  

I thought it would be fun to occasionally use pieces found on 1st Dibs to create a room.  Here is my first attempt.  I am going back to the post the other day about my JazzFest prints.  I thought if I could design a room around those prints, what would it be and how would it look?  I tried to imagine a sophisticated, elegant deco home office.  Completely unlike the home studio I currently use.  Here is just a taste of a few pieces that I thought could go into a room like that.  


Please note that I am not an interior designer.  I am just showing you what I love.  I may make it a regular feature to create fun and interesting rooms from the furniture offered for sale on 1st Dibs.  Let me know if you have a particular room, style, or era you would like to see featured here.  Stay tuned for more 1st Dibs fun in the future.

1 comment:

  1. This is such an interesting fun series! Lovely items you picked! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

    ReplyDelete