Monday, April 27, 2009

Not your Ordinary Recycled Bags

Here is a company that is doing some interesting things with materials that would otherwise end up in landfills.

I first spotted an Ecoist bag when a friend was carrying one recently.  The way it was put together fascinated me.  It reminded me of those chains of chewing gum wrappers we used to make as a kid.  

So I did some homework and found out that they make many styles of bags out "recycled candy wrappers, food packages, soda labels, subway maps, newspapers and other waste bound materials."  They look good and are good for the environment.  Plus, the company uses sustainable manufacturing practices utilizing a network of fair trade suppliers and manufactures around the world, helping underprivledged citizens to earn a living.  

They also work with an organization called Trees for the Future to plant a tree for every handbag sold.  Hmmm, which one should I get for a fun summer handbag?

No comments:

Post a Comment