Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy Holidays 2009

Here it is, I know that many of you many not have received your cards yet, but I couldn't wait any longer.







I did a reverse print where I printed the background blue and left the type and design as white unprinted card stock.  It makes the type feel like it is raised instead of impressed into the paper.  I love the way it came out, but it wasn't easy to print on my simple manual Vandercook press.  It went through a lot of ink, I was adding more ink every ten prints or so.  And the was a much larger variation in the overall shade from the point where there is new ink on the press to the point where I needed more ink.  So some of the prints came out a much darker blue and some very light.  But the ink coverage on almost every single print was very even and looked good.

I knew from the first time I saw that photo in my camera that it was going to be used on my holiday cards.  Every time I look at it, it brings me back to our vacation in BC.

1 comment: