Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Through the Years

Since I just put the 2009 holiday cards in the mail yesterday. I thought I would give you a trip down memory lane, at least it is for me. Here are 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. Going back to when I first started to letterpress print my own cards.

In 2005 I went all out, decorative paper, ribbon, multiple layers. The toughest part of the holiday card is getting three boys to take one good picture. So here I gave up completely and opted for one photo of each of them.

Here I went for a different look. It was the first time I printed stardream metallic card stock. It has a fun modern look. I also created a montage of photos and had them printed on a 4x6. This was the second year in a row that I couldn't get a decent photo of all three of them together.


Finally, a photo of the three monsters. Plus, more decorative papers and layers of card stock.



And then there is last year.  Look at that, a picture of all five of us.  It helps that we had eldest's Bar Mitzvah in November and therefore a professional photographer taking shots of us.  Add to that two color printing, stardream layer duplexed onto the back and die cut into a circle.

 Later in the week I will give you a preview of 2009, at least once I know that most people have received the ones I mailed.

1 comment:

  1. Great uses of Stardream and Japanese chiyogami specialty papers. There's a lot to these cards but I'm sure the reward equaled the time you spent. Your article inspired me to write a followup at http://talk.lcipaper.com/2009/12/16/unique-handmade-holiday-cards

    ReplyDelete